AEX (AOSP Extended) Oreo custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 with MediaTek MT6580, Android Kernel 3.18.79+ kernel. AEX is an android custom ROM that aims to provide useful customizations for Android devices while providing stability and friendly battery consumption. Like LineageOS, RR, and others, AEX is also based on Google’s Android Open Source Project.
This ROM is actually meant for all MT6580 devices, Treble enabled. It can also be installed on other Treble enabled devices with the ARM-A instruction set. So, whether your device is Tecno Spark 2 or not, you can use this beautiful ROM. This ROM will work on both 2GB RAM and 1GB RAM devices.
- Accidental touch (Lineage)
- Add GMS to battery optimization
- Adjust the number of notifications on Lockscreen
- Adjust volume dialog timeout
- Advanced reboot
- Omni Extras app for customizations and beyond
- Omni Logo in Stausbar
- Allow more time steps to ‘Do not disturb’
- Automatic speakerphone by checking Proximity (Dialer)
- Battery bar
- Battery bar with color change & animation on charging
- Battery save mode custom color
- Bootanimation changer
- Bluetooth battery level display for external devices
- Brightness Icon and position settings
- Brightness slider
- Charging sounds: Add option to use default charging sound
- Cpu info overlay
- Current Charging status on Lockscreen
- Custom App opening/closing Animations
- Custom Carrier Label
- Custom QS headers
- Custom volume step count
- Customize Night mode brightness settings
- Disable lock screen media art
- Deep sleep
- Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
- DT2S on navbar (for smartbar)
- DT2S on the status bar
- DUI Fling (navbar with gestures)
- DUI Pulse sound EQ in the statusbar
- DUI Smartbar (on-screen navbar)
- DUI Stock navbar option
- Enhanced Changelog in OmniExtras
- Enhanced QS tile for Hotspot (longpress for Tethering options)
- File persistence on “hosts” file between flashes
- Fingerprint authentication vibration
- Fingerprint on reboot (optional)
- Fingerprint scrolling
- Flip to Mute/Reject Call
- Headphones icon switch
- Hide Magisk Manager / SuperSU from Settings, if it is uninstalled
- Installed Apps: show link to Google Playstore
- Integrated OTA-Update App in Omni Extras
- Launch music player when a headset is connected
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Memory bar in recent (default and in SlimRecents)
- Network traffic in the status bar
- Notification Light
- OmniJaws (QS weather & weather in status bar)
- Partial screenshot
- Power menu and dialogs transparency
- Power menu on lock screen hide
- Power/reboot dialogs dim amount
- QS footer warnings
- QS switchable for location (from LAOS)
- QS Tiles Columns
- QS tile for Ambient Display
- QS tile for music playback & title display
- QS tile for Night mode
- QS Tiles Rows
- QS Tile titles visibility
- QS Tiles- OmniExtras, disable music track, sync, caffeine, PIP, NFC, sound, USB,
system language, ime selector, USB tether, screenshot, flashlight, compass
- Quick settings disable on lockscreen
- Quick settings fast pull down
- Reset Battery Stats
- ROM Stats
- Screen Record
- Screenshot sound toggle
- Scrolling Cache
- SELinux mode switch
- Set start/end-color of Pulse
- Silent Mode
- Slim Recents: allow to adjustment of round corners for cards
- SlimRecents with tweaks like App sidebar display
- Small QS Tiles (scrollable)
- Smartbar: Pixel Button Animation
- SmartBar: show arrows for next/previous track when playing audio
- Statusbar Omni logo
- Statusbar temperature
- Statusbar Ticker for notifications and music title
- Suspend actions
- Swap volume buttons
- System app remover
- SystemUI theme (qs, power menu, navbar, volume dialog)
- Unlink Notification Volume
- Toggle to make Volume buttons change Music volume, not phone
- Volume dialog stroke settings
- Volume dialog transparency
- Volume rocker music control
- Volume Steps
- VoLte icon
- Weather in statusbar headers with icon support
- Weather settings for Lockscreen (in Omni Extras)
- Dual SIM - RIL - Wifi - Bluetooth - Audio - SMS - 2G-3G-4G Network Switch - Smooth - Camera - Sensors - Flash - GPS - Offline Charging - Microphone - Fingerprint - Storage
This ROM is completely bugless, it is the first stable build for MT6580 devices None.
- Rom Name: AEX (AOSP Extended) - Rom Version: V5.8 (latest) - Rom Based: AOSP - Rom OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1 - Rom Type: Deodex - SDK Version: 27 - Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi Language
- Device name: Tecno Spark 2 - Device model: KA7 - Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0 - Chipset Required: MT6580 - Kernel Required: Linux 3.18.79+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm) - Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
How to install AEX (AOSP Extended) Oreo custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2
- Download AEX (AOSP Extended) Custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 from the link below
- After downloading, extract the zip file and copy the
imgfile in the extracted folder to your SD card
- Now, reboot to TWRP recovery and tap on wipe option, wipe the following partitions, system, data, cache,
- Return to the main menu and tap the install button, you’ll see an install image option in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the ROM image file which you extracted earlier
- On the next screen, select the system partition and follow the on-screen option to flash.
- If after installation you get can’ mount system, navigate to the mount section in TWRP and
unmontsystem by untickingthe system partition, then reflash the image file as system image again.
- Mount the system back once flashing is complete.
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery after flashing is complete, and finally, reboot the system.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed AEX (AOSP Extended) custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2. If you encounter any problem installing this ROM, kindly use the comment box and don’t forget to share.
- svoboda18 - phhusson.
can this rom work on the tecno spark k7??
No, you can’t. You must be running stock Android Oreo OS which has treble support
Please paste link of the particular version of gapps to download.. I have tried two, non worked..
Please paste corresponding gapps Link to the ROM.
I’ll update the link later today but Which gapps did you try?
The ROM has network bug. Mobile data issues.
can I use any mt6580 treble support device
Yes, it can be installed on any 32bit treble device.
I can’t unlock the download link please help me or remove the locked screen or give me the direct download link. If any one want to help you, he/she goes to your social media page and subs your page. You don’t need to lock the link. I can unsubscribe from your channel after unlocking the link. Did you think that?
😀, that’s true dho. Updated
Here’s what I did,
I did the wiping -> Successful.
I installed using the Image option, selected the image -> Flash was successful.
I mounted the system and rebooted.
It hung on the tecno logo. I waited for 3 hours. It never booted.
Where did I go wrong?
Hi cyb3tooth, if you have a twrp backup, restore your backup and this time, just factory reset, install image and reboot. mounting and unmounting is only applicable in cases where u face mounting issues flashing the ROM. Let me know if it works
adfly account has been suspended.
Please check back in an hour. Thanks
Bro please try to update or renew your adfly subscription almost all links to Tom’s for my device are either not working or have suspended account, I used to be a big fan of your work but recently the website has let me down a lot
The Link has been updated. Sorry for any inconveniences caused
Great work bro👏🏼👏🏼.. Can I install it on Infinix Hot 5 Oreo variant? The kernel and chipset are similar (MT6580 with 3.18.79+). Now you might say it’s not a treble device but as we all know, most phones currently supporting Treble were never ‘treblized’ out of the box. Devs simply added a /vendor partition and made it Treble-supported.
Just wondering if I can install directly or I’d need to port first?
It’s has you already explained. Since it’s not a treble enabled phone, it requires a vendor partition to load gsi ROMs
One last request (sorry): can I get the vendor mod file so I can compare it to my vendor tree? That’d be super helpful. FWIW if this turns out to be a success, we might have a full-blown MTK-Treble project on our hands✌🏽 so I just need to cover my bases
I don’t have the vendor mod file, I’m using kernel 4.4.95+ with stock vendor
Thanks for confirming that.. I’ll try it now and let you know how it goes.. NANDROID backup as always😅
Please can you put your WhatsApp number for more help
Keeps saying this site cant be reached
Please help me find the rom
Stock at Tecno Logo on my Spark 2.
System partition keep unmounting after each reboot to recovery mode.
Any fix for this??
Did you try any other ROM? did you face the same issue?