Have you been searching for a simple step by step guide on how a create your stickers on WhatsApp? Then, you are on the right page. In this guide, you learn how to create WhatsApp stickers online using the WhatsApp Web platform.
Since the introduction of stickers on WhatsApp, a lot of developers have come up with several WhatsApp sticker maker app to help you create custom WhatsApp stickers from images. If you use the WhatsApp web version often, however, you will have to rely on other third-party apps to make stickers.
WhatsApp Sticker Design
A few days ago WhatsApp introduced a built-in sticker maker tool on the web version of its app to help users make their own custom stickers without using an app. With the WhatsApp sticker maker tool, you can edit your sticker with text, emojis, and paint.
Because the WhatsApp sticker maker tool is still new, it lacks the feature of creating WhatsApp animated stickers. It is worth mentioning that the sticker maker tool is still in beta development, so we can assume that creating animated stickers will be possible when it rolls out globally.
So, without further ado, let us dive into how to make stickers for WhatsApp from photos without an app.
How to Create Your Own stickers For Whatsapp
To create your own stickers for WhatsApp, you need to be running the web version of the app (WhatsApp Web). If you don’t have a PC, no worries, you can still use this guide if you have another smartphone to use as PC.
Whether you are an Android user or an iPhone user, this guide will help you make stickers on WhatsApp without an app.
Steps to create WhatsApp Stickers Using WhatsApp Web
- First off, visit https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your PC or the other devices you have, you will taken to the WhatsApp web homepage displaying a QR code for you to scan to sync your device with the web version.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone, for Android click on the 3-dot icon at the top right corner of the chat screen and select linked devices. iPhone users should click on the settings icon and tap on the WhatsApp Web/Desktop option.
- Now, scan the WhatsApp Web QR code from your smartphone to sync it to your PC and wait for it to connect.
- Once you have successfully established a connection between your smartphone and PC, open any chat and click on the paperclip icon (attachment icon).
- You will find a new sticker icon from the pop up. click on it and an Windows will pop up for you to pick the image you can to turn into a sticker.
- After choosing your image, you can customize it as you like and when you’re satisfied, click on the done button and send.
- Now, tap on the newly created sticker and add it to your sticker collection.
That’s it, you have successfully created a new WhatsApp sticker for yourself. If you find this guide on how to make stickers on WhatsApp without an app helpful, Please use any of the social media buttons below to share.
Bonus: Best WhatsApp Sticker Maker Apps
This is one of the best and easy to use sticker maker app, it is free. You can create stickers from image or text-only stickers. The app also has a community were you can get great sticker ideas from to create your masterpiece.
Download: Sticker Maker by Viko & Co (Free, in-app purchases available)
Sticker studio is one of the best app for creating stickers for WhatsApp and Telegram. It comes with all the features you need to create your own masterpiece and share on the platform. It is free to use, however, it comes with a few limitation that can be bypassed by paying for the pro version.
Download: Sticker Studio (Free, in-app purchases available)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make my own WhatsApp stickers?
You can make a WhatsApp sticker using the built-in WhatsApp Sticker maker tool foe WhatsApp Web or use any of the WhatsApp Sticker maker app we have mentioned.
Is making WhatsApp stickers illegal?
No, it is completely legal to make your own WhatsApp sticker and use on the platform.
What is the best app to make stickers for WhatsApp?
Every WhatsApp sticker maker app or tool does what it is intended for but our favourites are the Sticker maker and Sticker studio app.