In this article, we’ll share one of the best Android customization tricks to turn your smartphone Notch into a battery indicator. This trick requires an app which we’ll mention in the article as you continue to read below. The good thing about this app is that it works for both rooted and non-rooted Android smartphones.
Almost all the newly launched smartphones come with a notch display. Although I don’t really welcome the notch idea which some users also finds annoying, it has been reshaped to different form and sizes since it debuted on smartphones. While the traditional wide notch is still a no for me, the smaller sizes cutout seem to improve smartphone looks, somehow. The punch-hole cutout on the other hand makes your smartphone look even better and I love it.
When the punch-hole cutout was introduced, some manufacturers came up with creative ideas that put the selfie camera to good use in form of wallpapers. We saw different wallpaper designed to match smartphones screen and adapt to the camera cutout on the screen. A good example is displayed in the image below.
So whether you have the traditional cutout or the punch-hole cutout, this android customization trick will work fine for you. There are several apps on the Google Play Store that can be used to turn your notch or punch-hole cutout into a battery indicator, but for this guide, we’ll be using an app called ‘Notch Battery Bar & Energy Ring.’
You may also like: How to extend your iPhone’s battery life
The Notch Battery Bar & Energy Ring app works for all kinds of cutout, whether you have the wide or small cutout on your screen or you have a single punch-hole or maybe dual camera punch-hole screen. You have nothing to worry about, this app works just fine for all types of display.
Notch Battery Bar & Energy Ring is available for free on the Google Play Store, however, it has a premium version that unlocks more features for you. The premium version currently is tagged $0.99 and if you’re someone like me who loves Android customization a lot, that shouldn’t be a big deal.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the step by step guide on how to turn notch into a battery indicator.
Steps To Turn Your Smartphone Notch Into a Battery Indicator
- Download & install the Notch Battery Bar & Energy Ring app on your Android smartphone.
- Once the app has been installed, launch the app and grant the necessary permissions.
- When you’ve granted the required permissions, you’ll be presented with the main screen of the battery indicator app with two options – Overlay & Wallpaper.
- Now, tap on the ‘Overlay‘ option and then toggle the ‘Overlay (Beta)’ option. This section allows you to adjust the Width, Height of the notch battery bar from the same panel.
- Now, tap on the Notch shape. From the list displayed cutout, select the one that matches your phone’s display and then click apply to set the battery indicator.
- You can also apply the same settings for the custom Wallpaper option when you select it from the main screen. If you choose the ‘Wallpaper’ option, then repeat the procedure from Step 3.
That’s it; you are done! You can tweak the colours and charging animation colours to your taste and then save them. This is how you can turn your smartphone Notch or punch-hole into a battery indicator.