The fact that you are here means you are trying to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi device and looking for a way to bypass the 168hrs waiting time. Well, you are on the right page. In this guide, we will walk you through the simple step by step guide to unlocking the bootloader on your Xiaomi smartphone.
If you have tried to unlock your Xiaomi’s phone bootloader, you will know that you have to wait for 7days for the company to process your device unlock. While some OEMs have also done something similar in the past, you can now unlock the bootloader instantly on almost all devices. Xiaomi fans, however, still have the waiting time issue in 2021 which seems really unnecessary.
The guide we are going to share here only applies to fans who own a Xiaomi phone powered by a MediaTek chipset. If you have a Snapdragon-powered Xiaomi device, then, this guide won’t be of much help. Interestingly, following this guide also guarantees that during the bootloader unlock process, your device will not be wiped (factory reset).
Read also: How To backup your MediaTek Android firmware With SP Flash Tool
If you understand what we have said until this point, then proceed with the Xiaomi bootloader unlock guide ahead.
How To Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader Instantly
To successfully unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi MediaTek phone, you need:
- A Windows computer
- A USB Data Cable
- A Xiaomi MediaTeK phone
- MTK Bootloader Unlock Drivers — Download here
- MTK Bootloader Unlock Client — Download here
Steps To Unlock Your Xiaomi Phones Bootloader Instantly
The process of unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone involves three simple steps which we will be explaining in detail shortly.
- The first step is to download the necessary phone drivers and install them
- The second step is to make your device ready for the unlock process
- The third is unlocking the bootloader of your device.
Step 1. Installing MTK Bootloader Unlock Drivers
- Download the neccessary device drivers from the above link and extract the contents to a folder (I rcommend creating a new folder for the drivers).
- Open the new folder containing the driver files you just extracted, you will find UsbDK driver for both 64bit and 32bit PCs. Install according to your PC architecture.
- After successfully installing the USBDK driver, open the open the driver sub-folder, right-click on the cdc-acm.inf file and select install.
- Once both drivers have been installed, close the folders, you are now ready for the next step.
Step 2. Preparing Your Device For Bootloader Unlock
- Open the settings app on your Xiaomi MediaTek phone and go to the about phone section.
- On the about phone segment, tap on the all specs option.
- Scroll down the the MIUI version option and tap on it seven times to enable developer option on your device.
- Now, return to the main settings list and tap on the additional settings options.
- Scroll down to find developer options, once you find it, enable OEM unlocking.
- Now, you are ready for the final step in unlocking your device bootloader.
Step 3. Xiaomi Bootloader Unlock
- First off, download the MTK bootloader unlock client from the given link above and extract the bootloader unlock client to a new folder.
- Now, power off the Xiaomi smartphone that you want its bootloader unlocked.
- Open the bootloader unlock client folder and double-click on the start.bat file to open the command line inteface or you can simply right-click and select install from the context menu.
- On the command line interface, you will have four different options to choose from (unlock bootloader, lock bootloader, bypass SLA/DAA and the exit option).
- Use the arrow up and down keys on your keyboard to navigate between these options.
- Select option 3 (bypass SLA/DAA) and hit the enter key.
- You will get a confirmation on the screen, type y and hit the enter key to continue.
- Press and hold the volume up and down button on your device at the same time. While holding both buttons, plug in the usb of your device.
- If the tool is enable to detect your device, then, try again while holding down the volume up, down and power button at the same time.
- Once the command line interface detects your device, let go of the volume up and down buttons.
- Wait for the bypass process to finsih and disconnect your device once completed.
- Go back to the command line interface main menu and this time, select option 1— the unlock bootloader option and hit enter on your keyboard.
- Type y on the confirmation screen and hit enter to start the bootloader unlock process.
- While your phone is still powered-off, plug it in and hold down the volume up, down at the same time. If it does not work, try again holding the power button with the volume keys.
- Wait for the bootloader unlock client tool to detect your device, and once it does, release all the buttons and wait until the unlock process is done.
- If everything goes well, your Xiaomi’s device bootloader will now be unlocked.
That’s it; you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your MediaTek-powered Xiaomi device. If this guide on how to instantly unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones has helped you, kindly share the article and help somwone who might also need it find it. Thanks
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you unlock the Xiaomi bootloader?
Yes, you can unlock the bootloader on any MediaTek Xiaomi smartphone easily using the guide we have explained on this page
What is MTK Bootloader unlock Client?
The MTK bootloader unlock client is a tool that lets you easily unlock bootloader on any MTK Xiaomi device with waiting for the companys permission
Does Xiaomi allow rooting?
Yes, Xiaomi allows its devices bootloader to be unlocked.
How long does it take to unlock bootloader Xiaomi?
Using the official MI unlock tool, it takes 7 days to unlock the bootloader, however, with the MTK unlock client, you can unlock your bootloader instantly.
How to bypass Xiaomi bootloader unlock 7days waiting time?
You can easily bypass the 7days waiting time of the Xiaomi bootloader unlock process using the MTK unlock client.