If you’ve been searching for how to root Tecno Pop 1S and 1s Pro (F4) or TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro, then, you’ve just arrived on the right page. Some of you guys might be wondering when the Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro was launched, well the device was launched Bangladesh and not Nigeria. Although we have the Nigerian version as Pop 1 and Pop 1 Pro.
Tecno F4 and F4 Pro are level-entry phones but also features interesting specs. Let’s take a quick look at the device.
TECNO POP 1S (f4) Key Specs:
- 5.5-inch HD+ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1440 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo with 1GB RAM (Go edition) | 2GB standard version
- Quad-core 1.28GHz MediaTek MT6739
- 16GB built-in storage
- 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera | 13MP + 5MP standard
- 4G connectivity
- 3000mAh non-removable Li-Ion Battery
In this guide, I’ll be showing you how to root your Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro and also, I’ll be sharing PitchBack Twrp For Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro which you can use to install custom ROMs and other mods to your device. PitchBlack TWRP is a customized/themed TWRP based on the latest TWRP 3.2.3-0 recovery. It comes with some improvements, fixes, and also, there’s a theming feature which allows you to change your color choice of TWRP.
What’s new in 3.2.3-0:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
TWRP 3.2.3-0 Features:
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch
How to root Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro
There are two methods in which you can archive root on your Tecno F4 device. (1) By using Magisk manager to patch your boot.img and then flash it into your device or (2) by installing TWRP recovery and flashing Magisk or SuperSU flashable zip.
To root your device using Magisk manager, see my previous guide on how to root and install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 while those who wants to root via custom recovery should proceed to the guide ahead.
- Recovery Name: Team Win Recovery Project Recovery (Themed)
- Recovery Version: v3.2.3-0
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro
- Device model: F4
- Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0
- Chipset: MediaTek – MT6739
- Kernel: Linux 4.4.94+ (Stock Kernel)
- Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP 3.2.3-0 custom recovery for Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro
To install TWRP and root Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro, you must have unlocked your device bootloader and installed necessary drivers for your device on PC. If you already have done this, simply proceed or check the following links to install Vcom driver and setup adb and fastboot.
- Download the latest TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro from the link below.
- Extract the downloaded recovery to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the adb and fastboot folder, rename the img file to recovery.img
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb device” without quotes
- If device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloaer“
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Your device will boot back into the system, you can then use adb command to boot into recovery “adb reboot recovery” or using the power and volume up button as usual.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP for Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro (F4). If you need a video guide on it, see the video below.
TWRP 3.2.3-0 Download[sociallocker id=”2522″] [/sociallocker]
How to fix 0Mb on internal storage and remove the force encryption
To fix internal storage showing 0mb after flashing TWRP recovery, simply follow the guide below.
- Download the force encryption disabler, you need this because after you must have gone through with the process of fix internal storage, you’ll be unable to boot into your device directly.
- Once, you’ve downloaded the file, place it in your SD card. Again! this will wipe your internal partition.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP go to wipe and select format data. Type yes to accept the format
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into recovery, not into the system. If you make the mistake of rebooting into the system, you’ll start the process again from the step (4.)
- Still in recovery, now, tap on install and flash the force encryption disabler zip file
- After a successful flash, simply reboot your device into the system and wait for it to boot
Note: Boot process can take 5-10 minute, so, don’t be afraid. This is normal because you actually did a reset on your phone
Congrats!, you’ve now removed the force encryption on your Tecno Pop 1S and 1S Pro.
How to root Tecno Pop 1S (F4) and Pro with Magisk or SuperSu
- First off, download Magisk zip or SuperSU zip file
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP recovery, go to install and select the storage which you saved the file
- Select any of the zip file you downloaded, Magisk or SuperSu
You’ve now successfully rooted your Tecno Pop 1S (F4) device.
If you find this guide helpful, please use the share button and if there any part I didn’ explain well, you let me know in the comment section below.
- Jackson Makinda (for his support)
- Kahli Brown (for his support)
- 6ixGuns ( for PB TWRP and encryption fix)
- Myself (Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing))