Download the latest PitchBlack 3.1.0 TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7. If you’ve previously installed our PitchBlack version 3.2.3 TWRP on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 device, you can now update it to a more recent version and enjoy new features and improved UI.
This is TWRP for MT6739 running the latest Android 8.1 Oreo with kernel version 4.4.97+. It can be downloaded and ported to other Android 8.0, 8.1 and 9.0 device having similar configurations. Read on to install the latest PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 custom recovery based on TWRP 3.5.1 on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 device.
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 is a little tricky but very simple if you follow the steps correctly. Follow the guide ahead to download TWRP For Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 and install.
- Wiping partition
- Backup Partition
- Restore partition
- Mounting partitions, such as the system, boot, userdata, cache, and internal storage
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
TWRP version 3.5.1 is the most recent version of the TWRP custom recovery. It brings much support for Android 9 and 10 devices as well as fixes for issues from previous versions. You can download the PitchBlack 3.1.0 TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 from the download link below.
What’s New in TWRP 3.5.1?
Android 9 Branch:
- Build compilation in 7.1 tree – CaptainThrowback
- SAR: Don’t follow symbolic links for block devices – bigbiff
- SAR Update script name for clarity – CaptainThrowback
Android 9 and Android 10 Branches:
- Wrappedkey support running only on FBE devices – CaptainThrowback
- TWRP App log information reduced – epicX67
- Refresh details after system wipe and adb sideload – AdrianDC
- Chinese translation updates – betaxb
- Support keymaster 2 – PeterCxy
- add tzdata to TWRP for timezones – CaptainThrowback
- ParitionManager: support delayed adopted storage mount – PeterCxy
- Support to start terminal from file manager directory – AndroiableDroid
- Nano support – nebrassy
- Add nano support to open files from file manager – CaptainThrowback
- Include new magisk apk support to be installed by TWRP – ianmacd
- Add support to change directory name where TWRP stores backups – epicX67
- Add bash support – not the default shell – DarthJabba9
- ORS support to format data – AdrianDC
- Add support to flash both slots when flashing an image – epicX67
- NL translation updates – ianmacd
- Installation cleanup – remove dupe PackageExtractFn – klabit87
- Remove logd-reinit service – CaptainThrowback
- Restore system root context – bigbiff
- Only include keymaster 2 if tree supports it – CaptainThrowback
- Strip lines containing ‘–‘ in language_helper.py – ianmacd
- Unlocalized string fix – ianmacd
PitchBlack Recovery Project is an Open Source organization founded on 28th March 2018 collectively by developers from different countries with an aim to provide the world’s most advanced recovery with better customization’s, themes and features.
PitchBlack TWRP is based on the original TWRP, however, it has more features and its customised UI is one of the things fans love the most about it. The latest PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 recovery is based on TWRP 3.5.1 and comes with several improvements, fixes and integrated themes. This means you can change your TWRP UI. TWRP 3.5.1. You can skip to the guide ahead to download TWRP For Tecno LA7 Plus and install.
PitchBlack TWRP Features
- Advanced Toolbox: PBRP provides 10+ tools that come in handy when playing with your device. This includes Magisk Manager, etc
- Device support: Supports a wide range of devices with Treble, ARB Support, Force Encryption and much more.
- Themes Support [Coming Soon]: Customize PBRP according to your needs using PBRP Theme Engine™
- Material Designed UI: Best in class material design for the latest android addicts.
- Based on TWRP 3.5.1: Always up-to-date with the latest TWRP 3.5.1 Sources with support for legacy devices.
- Multi-Lingual Support: PBRP provides official support for 10+ languages that are updated and improved regularly!
Why you need TWRP for Your Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 Device
With TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
How to install Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 TWRP
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
If you’re just install TWRP for the first time, follow the simple step by step guide below carefully to install. For users who already have TWRP installed, skip to how to upgrade your TWRP from version 3.2.3 to version 3.1.0.
Read the instructions carefully before going on with the steps, don’t forget to use the comment section if you have any questions.
Steps To Install Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 PitchBlack TWRP
For this tutorial, you need to download PitchBlack 3.1.0 TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 and DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to remove force encryption on the device to allow TWRP to make changes to the device. All files are included in the downloadable TWRP file at bottom of the post.
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
You can flash easily flash TWRP custom recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 device via ADB or using a smartphone flash tool. In this guide, however, we’ll be focusing on using ADB. If you prefer to flash TWRP with SP Flash Tool (smartphone flash tool), read our previous article on how to flash a smartphone with sp flash tool. Note; the process requires that you have your device scatter file but don’t worry, I have included it in the download.
- First off, download PitchBlack 3.1.0 TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 from the link below.
- Extract the file and copy the recovery.img into ADB and Fastboot installation folder.
- Launch ADB and Fastboot tool.
- Connect your device to your PC/laptop with a USB cable.
- Now, boot your device into Fastboot mode using the command:
adb reboot bootloader
- In Fastboot mode, type in the following command and hit enter to flash the new recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the recovering installation is done, reboot your device.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 device. If you’re having issues installing TWRP on your device, then, watch the video below.
How to root Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 Using TWRP
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download PitchBlack 3.1.0 TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7
- TWRP Developers - PitchBlack TWRP - Imtaz Rahman - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting new recovery)