Descendant TwoDotTwo Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Camon 11 CF7 (KA7) with MediaTek MT6739, Kernel 4.4.94+ running Android 8.1.0. Descendant TwoDotTwo is an Android custom ROM that primarily aims to bring useful tweaks to Google’s Android Pie AOSP.
Descendant ROM doesn’t include many customization features like RR ROM and many others, it’s basically an AOSP ROM which includes a few tweaks to make your device look cool on the interface. A big Credit to Jackson MaKinda and other devs for bringing Android Pie custom ROM for Tecno Camon 11 (CF7)
Read also: PB TWRP 3.2.3-0 Custom Recovery For Tecno Camon 11 (CF7) And Camon 11 Pro (CF7K)
This ROM comes bloatware free, it’s fast, smooth and uses the battery well. It contains all the major features in Android 9.0 and the best custom ROM for Tecno Camon 11 at the moment
Descendant TwoDotTwo Android Pie Features
This ROM comes with some UI and Mic improvement and several other feature you’d expect to find in a good custom Android ROM. Some of the features include;
- Google Dialer;
- Google Messages;
- Fixed a doubled bar in some Settings fragments like app permissions and wifi
- QS Tile is now available
- Corrected roundiness behaviour for Settings Searchbar
- Added more drawables in Settings
- Fixed non default false value on QS quick pulldown
- Added Wifi sleep policies
- Assistant can now be called with home button longpress
- Replaced RetroMusic with Phonograph
- New ringtones and notifications sounds
- Reimplementation of Extended volume panel
- Apps that weren’t updatable via PlayStore are now correctly behaving
- Fixed a wrong behaviour of “Disable apps feature” that was preventing the disabled apps to be re-enabled
- OTA in About Phone
- Uptime has been reinherited in Settings
- Removed Xiaomi capped 12mpx camera, bumped it up to 12.6mpx
- Background and accent colors throughout the interface can be changed.
- Power menu has additions.
- Lock screen PIN layout can be scrambled.
- Setting suggestions can be disabled.
- Sounds and animations use Google Pixel series ones.
- App Ops is available.
- Over 80% brightness, the bar will warn you, turning orange.
- Lockscreen charging info
- The phone will unlock automatically when it recognises your face.
- Fingerprint allows 10 scans before denying it as unlocking method.
- Night light allows lower temperatures.
- Pixel animations to explain some features
- App info shows Google Play icon and package names.
- Font size steps up by 5%.
- Quick settings adjust themselves to the screen.
- Brave Browser
- Open Camera
- QS Customizazion
- Replaced AOSP digital Lockscreen with Descendant Analog Clock;
- Black UI style it’s now available in:
- Settings -> Display -> Background color
- The background in search settings now respects system background on-click event;
- Brightness thumb icon revamped
- Recents corner are now roundy to keep OS design consistency
- Swipe down on a recent card is now available in:
- Launcher3 Settings > Clear all on swipe down from recents
- Discover more installing the ROM
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
- And lots more…
- Hotspot maybe unstable
However, there’s a workaround for it.
Device name: Tecno Device model: Camon 11 CF7 Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo Device chipset: MT6739 Device Kernel: 4.4.95+ Device bootloader: Unlocked
ROM name: Descendant
ROM OS version: Android 9.0 Pie
SDK Version: 27
Current Stable Version: Unofficial
Supported Language: Multi-Language
Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Disclaimer: Before you proceed to installing Tecno Camon 11 Android Pie custom ROM, make sure you make backup of your files and data. This site or its author will not be responsible if you damage your device in the process of flashing a custom rom.
How to install Descendant Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Camon 11 CF7
You can install GSI Android ROMs with two simple methods which will be explained below.
Method 1 – Using TWRP
- Download Descendant GSI ROM and vendor mod from the below link
- Copy the downloaded GSI file to the root of your SD, if the ROM is in zip or rar format, simply extract it to get the img file
- Extract the Vendor Mod to a folder (we’ll be using it at the end of the installation)
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP perform a factory reset, or siply use the advance option to wipe the cache and data partition.
- Then tap of the install button, select the install image button on the next screen
- Select the ROM img file and select the system partition in which you want to install the ROM on the next screen.
- The installation process will begin, so sit back while it installs.
- Once installation is complete, don’t reboot just yet
- Now go to TWRP restore option and restore the Modded Vendor you extracted earlier.
- Once this is complete, now reboot.
Method 2 – Using ADB (Works for non root users too)
- Download Descendant Android 9.0 Pie Custom rom for Tecno Camon 11 CF7 and the Vendor patch.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your adb and fastboot folder
- Now, perform a factory reset either from your device settings or using your stock recovery if not rooted.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command; fastboot erase system
- Then flash the ROM using the command fastboot flash system name_of_system.img.
- Once installation is complete, don’t reboot, also restore the vendor file as explained in the first method.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed Android Pie Custom ROM on your device. The Modded vendor is a fixed for hotspot and other bugs in the ROM.
Note: The first boot takes 5-10minutes to complete, so, take a walk or do something during the boot process. Once booting is complete, you’ll get a welcome screen and then proceed with the device setup.
What’s included in the Vendor Mod (Fixed)
- Boot takes 30min to 1hr
- Notch overlay (not app overlay to notch)
- Data & signal strength ( switch one sim to 2g and other 4g)
- Hotspot (temp fix with Pda net)
- Others soon…
If you’re finding it difficult to install Descendant Android 9.0 custom ROM for Tecno Camon 11 CF7, simply use the comment system below and I’ll get back you asap!.
Please how soon can we get the download link, I’m really eager to try this
After installation the device stuck at boot showing only techno logo
Did you install on CF7 or CK7? The Pro version
Perform a factory reset and reboot again, see if it solves it
It doesn’t solve.
Your device has being un-encrypted, rooted, Twrp installed?
Yes trwp is installed.
Kindly use the new link, you’ll be redirected to an updated post. Sorry for any inconveniences caused
Which new link? The twodotthree one?
OK thank you
Pls would it work on my tecno camon11 pro
No, it won’t. Camon 11 Pro uses a different chipset
I want to do the upgrade described above, but am lost as i dont know where to save the downloaded file and how to complete the process
Do you already have TWRP recovery installed?
So I have installed but the dialer is not showing when an incoming call goes through and an outgoing. so you can end or receive a call.
Did you restore the Vendor patch as well?
yes I did
Plus there are a few apps missing
The ROM comes with Minimal Gapps, you can download and install other apps you want
Try perform a factory reset on the rom, see if it fixes it
I did that and now its on a loop. When I restart it goes back to recovery. on and on
Please download and install, TwoDotThree, the latest version
Where is this latest version?
Ive found it lemme try it and give feedback.
I had actually installed twodotthree its what I have now and its giving me issues
Did u use the vendor on TwoDotThree’s post or you use the Vendor from TwoDotTwo
I used the vendor from twodotthree
I really can’t say what the problem is. Try installing another dialer app while i check
Actually the issue is nolonger the dialer User interface. the phone is stuck on recovery mode.
after I did the reset whenever I restart it goes back to twrp. I have tried reinstalling several times and im sruc there.
Have you restored your stock backup?
I dint do the stock backup unfortunately
We always recommend you take a stock backup before flashing any ROM to avoid issues like this, you should try to read the content of the article before rushing to install.
So I have found another solution. Since I had not backed up my stock. I downloaded firmware and flashed using ADB tools.
Though I was wondering how do you flash using adb the twodotthree when in real sence even after you extract there is no ISO image but a different file extension
SO I have reinstalled the android Pie again with gaps this time. I am about to give it a test drive and give feedback. Thankyou for your support.
Okay, great. Awaiting feedback
And I have fixed the Dialer issue
The problem was the Phone app was not set to be the default application for phone calls. Not sure why because there were no other apps installed that can handle the calling intents.
To fix, go to Settings->Apps-> ⚙ ->Default Apps->Phone app. If it doesn’t say Phone immediately under Phone app, then tap and choose the Phone app.
Thanks for the update.
So everything is working fine except some apps like Google Photos app is crashing. Its actually not opening at all while its counterparts are working fine.
One thing I Dont like is the camera app. compared to the original camera app for Tecno camon 11. the new one aint that good.
I also dont like the Battery Icon and the network Icon. Incase there is an update I would reeeeeaaly love a landscape battery icon or the doted one like for I phone. same with the network icon.
The STK tool, its user interface is an older version. I would go for the new one that came with Tecno camon 11.
Aside from these so far so good. Thankyou once again for this.
oooh there is also another issue of certain apps not working coz of root. but in real sence I havent rooted i just flashed the system. can you help with that. as in is there a way around it??
Normally, custom ROM are not meant to be like stock ROMs. For the icons, you can try theming the ROM using substratum theme engine. Since the toolkit is working, I suggest you use it that way.
For the root, I guess the ROM is prerooted. Installed Magisk manager if it’s not already installed, this way you can manage root apps or uninstall root access.
Mind you, uninstalling root means you can theme it with substratum.
but what if I theme it then, uninstall. COz i really love the black background
Substratum requires root, so theming and uninstalling root with revert the changes
Ooh and btw. The magisk you had download i think it has issues. I tried flashing it but to no avail
And then is there a way one could make the navigation bar, small line a little bit longer?
and then make it transparent?
No, there isn’t the navigation bar automatically adjust itself to any app you open.
uum so when should we expect the next twodotfour?
Haha, hopefully, for now just stick with TwoDotThree and stick around
Ouhkay, I was thinking, what if I flashed another OS specifically the system and vendor file using ADB. lets say something like Lineage OS. will it work? Have you ever tried something like this?
You can try any other ROM, just make sure you use the custom vendor with it.
Hi. I really wish I could root my phone but I haven’t the slightest idea where to begin. My device is tecno camon 11
please send me an updated link to download the rom
The download link is up to date sir