HMD Global has announced a new entry-level Android phone which brings back memories of one of the most popular Nokia phone back when Nokia was still king in the smartphone space, I’m talking about no other than the Nokia C1.
HMD has just relaunched the Nokia C1 as an Android phone and one of the most affordable Android phones in its current portfolio.
Nokia C1 is targeted at the entry-level market for the developing nations of Africa, the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific, where Nokia will soon roll it out.
The all new Nokia C1 features a 5.45-inch IPS LCD display with 480 x 960px resolution which delivers better viewing angles than basic TFTs. It comes with a single rear camera and a selfie shooter both with LED flash.
C1 holds a 5MP shooter on the rear, assisted with an LED flash, and on the front it houses a 5MP sensor plus an LED flash to help with low light shots. If you’re looking for a cost-effective device alternative to using a high cost beefy chipset and high performance device, then the Nokia C1 will be a good option.
The device is powered by an unnamed chipset with a quad-core CPU clocked at 1.3GHz. It comes with 1GB of RAM and runs Android 9 Go Edition, 16GB of built-in storage and can be expanded with MicroSD cards up to 64GB.
The Nokia C1 is a dual SIM 3G phone, no LTE connectivity, however, it makes sense for a cheap phone. Also, the device only supports Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n). Since C1 is preloaded with Go apps, it means it’ll minimize the data use, so even the slowest connection should work fine.
The phone is fueled by 2,500mAh battery which is pretty descent and it charges over the MicroUSB port. The phone comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, but doesn’t include a free earpiece in the retail box, you’ll have to supply your own headset as the C1 retail box only contains the phone, a charger, and a quick start guide.
Nokia C1 Key Features
- Display: 5.45-inch (480 x 960 pixels) FWVGA+ 18:9 display
- Dimensions: 147.6 x 71.4 x 8.7 mm; Weight: 155g
- Chipset: 1.3GHz quad-core processor
- Storage: 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with MicroSD
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie) Go Edition
- SIM: Single / Dual SIM
- Cameras: 5MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP front camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm jack, FM Radio, Google Assistant Button
- Network: 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB
- Battery: 2500mAh removable battery
Nokia C1 Price And Availability
The new Nokia C1 Android phone will be priced at just $59 (N18500), however, there’s no word as to when the device will roll out to the markets.