In this article, you will find PitchBlack Custom Recovery for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8 download link and the step by step guide to install the custom recovery on your device.
The PitchBlack recovery on this page is meant to be installed on the Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8 running Android 10. However, if you’re running Android 9, you can upgrade your device firmware and install or visit our previous post on custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8 on Android 9.
The Tecno Spark 3 Pro is a 6.2-inch device that launched with Android 9.0 (HiOS 5.0) in 2019 and was later updated to Android 10 in 2020. Although it is an old and budget device running the quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 chipset with only 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, users can still install a custom recovery like TWRP and try out new GSI ROMs and other mods to get the best out of the device.
Pitch Black Recovery Project
PitchBlack Recovery Project is an Open Source organization founded on 28th March 2018 collectively by developers from different countries with an aim to provide the world’s most advanced recovery with better customization, themes and features. It provides a fully touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to easily take backup of the current system (OS), flash performance mods, installs third-party firmware/ROM etc.
PitchBlack Recovery is based on the original TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project), however, it has more features and comes with custom stylish UI. The Pitch Black Recovery version 2.9.0 that we will be sharing in this post is based on TWRP 3.5.2 and can be ported to any Tecno and Infinix device.
v2.9.0 - Update kernel - Update DM Verity Logic - Update magisk - Update unroot magisk - Some bug fixed
TWRP 3.5.2 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Codename changer
- Pin/Password remover
- DM verity
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch
Why you need a TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8
With TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 Pro) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: 3.5.2 - Pitch Black Version: 2.9.0 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Spark 3 Pro - Device model: KB8 - Stock OS Version: Android 10 - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6761 - Kernel: Stock Kernel - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro
Installing TWRP custom recovery on your Tecno Spark 3 Pro is simply, you just have to follow the step by step guide below carefully to avoid the risk of damaging your device. This recovery should not be flashed on Tecno Spark 3 Pro on Android 9.
There are two steps for installing the PitchBlack custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8, the first is unlocking the bootloader of the device and the second step is flashing the recovery image using ADB and Fastboot tool.
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all files and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of unlocking bootloader. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Steps To Install TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
2. Go to about phone on your device and enable the developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
3. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
4. In the developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
5. Now download and install minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
6. Once, you’ve installed ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
7. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
8. Now, we’ll reboot into the device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
9. Once your device reboots into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock
10. Now, you should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to approve the bootloader unlock request, press the volume up key for yes and when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command below.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is not secure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
- First off, download TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8 and an empty vbmeta.img file from the link below
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and flash the empty vbmeta.img image using the command fastboot
flash --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img. If that gives you and error, then, use
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img.
- Now, flash recovery image using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img. Note that recovery.img should be renamed to the recovery files name. If the file name is pbrpkb8 for instance, then, your command would be
fastboot flash recovery pbrpkb8.img.
- Once that is done, reboot your device with
- While your device is still off, hold down the up volume key to boot into recovery mode or use the Power + Volume Up key to boot into it and comfirm that you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Tecno Spark Spark 3 Pro KB8
- While TWRP is trying to load to the main menu, if you’re asked for a password to decrypt your device, just ignore that step, then, go to the Wipe Menu and Format Data.
- Wiping data will wipe all your data so make a point of backing up your important data.
- Now reboot
You have now successfully installed TWRP (PitchBlack Recovery) recovery for Tecno Spark 3 Pro KB8 running the Android 10 OS.
How to root Tecno Spark 3 Pro on Android 10
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 Pro
- PBRP Team - Adewale Mudasiru (for porting) - And all testers participated on this project.