Good news to all Tecno Spark 2 users, now you can install Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7) with MediaTek MT5680, Oreo Kernel 3.18.79+. Pixel experience is one of the most favorite ROM for custom ROM fans, this is because it brings the Android One experience to every Android device.
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, it includes all Google stock apps (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation) and offers the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of a device. Pixel Experience Android Pie for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 can also be installed on any MT6580 treble enabled device, no porting is required.
Android 9 Pie Key Features
Android 9 Pie was released a few months ago and it packs interesting new features, it comes with all the Google default features that are present in the previous OS version with a lot more improvement. Here are some of the most important features of Android Pie.
- Gesture Navigation – Google has removed the usual onscreen recent soft key and replaced with the Apple iPhone X gesture, this allows you to slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- Revamped recent apps – This replaces the normal vertical view of the recent app with a horizontal card list (interestingly, the launcher is now integrated with the recent apps overview which opens up some exciting possibilities). This also allows for easy navigation between apps.
- Revamped user interface – Android Pie comes with a whole new UI, commonly known “Material Design 2.” This has brought a new look and fresh coat of colors to the new OS version.
- Digital Wellbeing – Your health is very important and Google has added this feature to help you control how you use your smartphone daily by tracking your usage and wind down at night to prevent distractions.
- Adaptive Battery – This feature helps to reduce battery consumption amongst apps. With App Standby Buckets, Android limits power consumption for the apps that you don’t use all that often.
Other Android Pie Features
- Dark Mode
- App Actions
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- All Apps use HTTPS
- The Media Panel
- ART Improvements
- 157 New Emojis
- Wind Down
- Multiple Camera Support
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
Disclaimer: Make sure you back up all your important files and data before flashing Android 9.0 Pie ROM for Tecno Spark 2 KA7, follow every guide carefully. If you damage your device trying to flash a custom ROM or any file gotten from this website, this site or its authors will not be responsible.
What’s Working: <spa
- WiFi - RIL - Mobile Data - GPS - Camera - Flashlight - Camcorder - Bluetooth - Fingerprint Reader - HW Buttons - Alert Slider and Gestures - Sound / Vibration - And lots more...
ROM Screenshots: </spa
Device Info: <
- Device name: Tecno Spark 2 - Device model: KA7 - Device stock OS: Android 8.1.0 - Device chipset: MediaTek MT6580 - Device Kernel: 3.18.79+ Oreo - Bootloader: Unlocked
- ROM name: Pixel Experience - ROM OS version: Android 9.0 Pie - SDK Version: 27 - Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language - Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
How to install Pixel Experience Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7)
- Download Pixel Experience Android 9.0 Pie for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 from the given link below.
- Download bootloop fix/patch.
- Download Gapps (nano recommended).
- Copy the ROM zip file, bootloop fix and Gapps to your SD card.
- Now, power off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP recovery, go to wipe and perform a factory reset.
- Tap advanced menu, wipe the following partition » system » cache » dalvik art » data
- Return to TWRP main menu and tap on install.
- Select Pixel Experience Android Pie ROM for Tecno Spark 2 KA7 zip file and flash.
- Once the ROM has finished installing, flash the bootloop fix then flash Gapps immediately.
Note: First boot may take 5-10minutes, wait for your device to complete first boot.
How to fix device not certified after installing Descendant ROM on Tecno LA7
- Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. You can find that by installing the Device ID app, download the application here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open the app and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) code.
- Now go to this webpage.
- Paste your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box and tap “Register”.
- Your registered ID should appear on the page, reboot your device and you should now be able to sign-in to Google play store and use Gapps.
Pixel Experience ROM For Tecno Spark 2
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom rom for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7)
- EnesSastim (Pixel ROM maintainer) - Mudasiru Adewale - Agent Emmy (helping with bootloop patch) - Iyke Xi - 4PDA Devs - Others
I have like your page on Facebook. Link is still locked. How can I get to download the ROM. Can this work on the 32gb version KA7O
I’m not 100% sure, but it should… You’ll have to replace boot.img with the one in the ROM zip file… Make sure you already did a firmware backup before any attempt dho.
I don’t understand bro. I’ve downloaded the rom. But my variety is the 32gb.
Okay, thanks, can you port a TWRP recovery for my device, 32gb ROM. The one I downloaded in for KA7,. In the recovery I have to unchecked protect 1 and 2 and vendor partitions . Else backup won’t work.. here is my email firstname.lastname@example.org. or please let’s chat on WhatsApp 07032650520
Hi, can you please help me with the download link for pixel experience android pie for tecno spark 2 KA7 rom.
We’re currently working on it. However, you can try the AOSP ROM we have before we provide an update of this pixel ROM.
The AOSP rom can’t install…it gets stuck on the boot logo
Even after mounting and unmounting
Nothing really works
You’re not supposed to use the mounting and unmounting option except your face storage-related issues while installing the ROM. Just perform a factory reset and install the ROM.
should we backup using twrp. Will the backup accept restore?
In the recovery . It only shows boot and vendor partitions. Tecno Spark 2 32gbROM, 2gbRam
Could you please give me porting guilds. I want to Port for the 32gb ROM version
Does the Hotspot work in this rom
Hello can i get boot img for tecno KA7-H8024ABC-GO-181227V193 its an emergency
I don’t have for V193 but this is V172, I guess it should work. https://mega.nz/#!gmJAEQwC!P0w-pFujKsemEHLBUUl0QRq5ElbQEQN5nEcELn5AsGk
Hello, can i get android 8 or android 9 for tecno spark k7?
No Lan, you can’t
TWRP Recovery doesn’t detect this as a recovery. It ignores the files. Please organize them properly and reupload. Thank you.
How can I get Android 9 on pop 2 power
You’ll have to get a custom ROM that supports your device
There’s no download link
Hi, I installed the ROM however the hotspot does not work at all.
Otherwise I would like to know if there is a way to root it, if so, how? Thank you.
Try using pdanet to share hotspot connection and flash magisk for root
How did u installed it? I’ve been trying to restore the backup, but not showing..
How did you manage to install it please.
I followed all the steps carefully for the tecno spark 2, but after installing the android 9 pie custom rom, i am still booting into the stock rom
Can anyone please help me?
What problem are you facing?
I followed all the steps to flash the pixel experience ROM for tecno spark 2 and when the phone rebooted after flashing, it still booted with the stock ROM. Where could I have gone wrong?
I dont get the link to download rom please help
We’re working on a fix please, see our latest ROM or Spark 2 here. Don’t forget to leave your feedback aabout the ROM
Please I need TWRP.img for spark 2 V200
Download from here please. https://www.techsbyte.com/custom-recovery-for-tecno-spark-2-ka7/
Tnks man……bt I was unable to download twrp file u uploaded there, it’s just taking me to another sites nd hve tried it so many times
Will post how to download soon
Its stuck on the google pixel boot animation even after flashing the bootloop patch. I’ve been waiting for this system for so long but its failed again….
Anyway thanks Sir for giving hope to the spark 2.
Ow and btw the RR Rom works but has several issues, from taking almost 30 minutes in a normal system restart, to freezing unexpectedly. Its a good system but it can’t be used as a daily driver. Kindly try to work on the pixel rom, try make it successful, otherwise this spark 2 phone gets so booring.
Did you already try the AOSP ROM for spark 2? The RR works pretty fine on my device with no issues. By the way are a 1GB spark 2 user or 2GB? and for the pixel rom, did you follow the steps as described in the post?
Wow great site I love Wat ur dealing on and the specs seems to be legit
Please….link to download pixel experience 9.0 pie rom for spark 2
Like our page or follow us on twitter to open download link
Please…also leave a link to download the gapps zip file 👍
The ROM is not working….stock on boot even after flashing the bootloop file
Working on fix
Thank you for the great work here.
Please port MIUI rom for Tecno spark 2.
Which custom rom will you recommend for my tecno spark 2 1GB ram… I want the one that keeps battery ..
i installed it in V169 but it got stuck at boot, didn’t finish booting up….please fix it….and also i extracted the “system.img” under pri-app, i noticed that there was the core gapps packages, so no need of flashing gapps…..i updated my KA7 to V208, So imma try and see if there’s any change
it stays stuck at startup Google and then nothing
We’re still working on a fix, we’ll remove the download link for now. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Has the rom beeb fixed yet….is just too boring using this phone like this
Not yet Sir, sorry for the hold.
brother we need a video tutorial on this article thanyou keep up
Once the ROM has finished installing, flash the bootloop fix then flash Gapps immediately.
please explain this to me ??
Please kindly download other Android Pie or Android 10 rom for Spark 2. This ROM has booting issues.
sir i have a problem on my phone spark 2 after installing twrp and magisk sucessfuly, i reseted to default setting my phone boot into twrp when i restored my backup file it also boot into again twrp pls help am loosing my phone
Reset to default settings, as in factory reset in TWRP or from the device settings?
sir, its from phone setting
You’ll have to flash your phones stock ROM to get it working again.
i have the backup from the phone then i tried to restore it but it boot into over and over again, when shuted down and try to charge it also opens and boot into twrp
Save yourself the self by flashing stock ROM
where can i get stock rom for tecno spark ka7 go edtion
My phone every time boot into fastboot mode i cant get out every time it boot and opens fastboot
Flashing your device system image in fastboot, if it still doesn’t boot, perform a full flash, follow this guide and please try the new Havoc OS for Spark 2 here. Thanks
How do I gain Root access? I have flashed magisk, but the prompt to grant root access does not appear.
which version of Magisk did you flash?
I used the Latest Magisk(20.4). I have solved this problem by following a guide from Github. Thank You for the Reply.
How can I get the Stock Camera to work on this Rom?