If you’ve been searching TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7 to root your device, take nandroid backup and flash custom roms and mods, then you’re at the right place.
On this page, you’ll find TWRP recovery for Tecno Camon 12 download link and steps to root your Camon 12 device. This TWRP for Camon 12 which houses the MediaTek MT6762 chipset and runs Android 9.0 can be download and ported to other devices with similar configurations.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
- Wiping partition
- Backup Partition
- Restore partition
- Mounting partitions, such as the system, boot, userdata, cache, and internal storage
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
TWRP version 3.5.1 is the most recent version of the TWRP custom recovery. It brings much support for Android 9 and 10 devices as well as fixes for issues from previous versions. You can download the TWRP 3.5.1 for Tecno Camon 12 CC7 from the download link below.
What’s New in TWRP 3.5.1?
Android 9 Branch:
- Build compilation in 7.1 tree – CaptainThrowback
- SAR: Don’t follow symbolic links for block devices – bigbiff
- SAR Update script name for clarity – CaptainThrowback
Android 9 and Android 10 Branches:
- Wrappedkey support running only on FBE devices – CaptainThrowback
- TWRP App log information reduced – epicX67
- Refresh details after system wipe and adb sideload – AdrianDC
- Chinese translation updates – betaxb
- Support keymaster 2 – PeterCxy
- add tzdata to TWRP for timezones – CaptainThrowback
- ParitionManager: support delayed adopted storage mount – PeterCxy
- Support to start terminal from file manager directory – AndroiableDroid
- Nano support – nebrassy
- Add nano support to open files from file manager – CaptainThrowback
- Include new magisk apk support to be installed by TWRP – ianmacd
- Add support to change directory name where TWRP stores backups – epicX67
- Add bash support – not the default shell – DarthJabba9
- ORS support to format data – AdrianDC
- Add support to flash both slots when flashing an image – epicX67
- NL translation updates – ianmacd
- Installation cleanup – remove dupe PackageExtractFn – klabit87
- Remove logd-reinit service – CaptainThrowback
- Restore system root context – bigbiff
- Only include keymaster 2 if tree supports it – CaptainThrowback
- Strip lines containing ‘–‘ in language_helper.py – ianmacd
- Unlocalized string fix – ianmacd
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up all your important files and data before proceeding with the flashing guide ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7 and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking your device.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7
With TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7 (custom recovery for Tecno Camon 12 CC7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
How to install TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7
Installing TWRP on Tecno Canon 12 is simple and not different from other processes you’re already used to. Unlike the Infinix Hot 8 which seems to be a little complicated, CC7 is easy and straight forward.
NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY AS MANY TIMES YOU CAN.
Steps To Install TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7
For this tutorial, you need to first download TWRP for Tecno CC7 from the link below
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. First off, go to settings on your device and enable developer option. You’ll find this under the about phone section in settings.
2. Now in your about phone section, scroll to find build number and continue tapping on the build number until you see you’re now a developer.
3. Go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
4. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
5. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
6. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
7. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
8. Now, reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
9. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
10. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and flash the TWRP recovery using this command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once that is done, make sure your device doesn’t boot up. If it does, the stock recovery will be rewritten on to the device.
- Now, disconnect your device and boot into recovery (Power + Volume Up) to confirm that you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Camon 12 CC7
- While TWRP is trying to load to the main menu, you’ll get a prompt to enter a password to decrypt your device, just ignore that step, then, go to the Wipe Menu and Format Data.
- Wiping data will wipe all your data so make a point of backing up your important data.
- Now reboot
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Tecno Canon 12. If the TWRP installation guide is not clear enough, you can watch the video guide below to flash TWRP on your device.
Download TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7
How to root Tecno Camon 12
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
- Unofficial TWRP
- Mudsiru Adewale
- Imtiaz (for porting)
Please where is the download link for TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 CC7?
Is it really for that device?
Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter to unlock link
The link is not available. What is there is soon…
Don’t raise false hopes
Link has been updated.
It leads to the link for S5 firmware rather. Re-update the link again
Thanks for the notice, I have updated the link.
My phone gets hooked with the tecno logo whenever I flash the recovery.
Kindly flash your stock recovery back with flash tool. I’ll update a fix soon
Link updated, you can now try the updated TWRP
I tried sir but nothing change
But my tecno is camon 12 CC7
With 64GB ROM 4GB RAM
Did the recovery flash successfully?
It doesn’t seem to work ohhhhhhh
What problem are you facing?
I got camon 12 CC7 64gb Rom and 4gb RAM, and 64 ARM. i use the Treble app to check if it supports seamless update or update but it say it does not support.
Do i have to root the phone to get the right readings whether it supports or not?
No, you don’t have to root the device to get the correct readings. If you’re having doubts on the readings, then use this app Treble checker
Hello all staff , I’m here looking for help my phone is tecno camon 12 air please help me to get TWRP recovery for this model
thanks in advance for your assistance
Where is the download link ?
Hi, please, I’m in a rush. Show me the method to get the download link.
thank you so much
Please read the download instruction again carefully.
I did what you asked to do, I liked the Facebook page but did not receive the download link
Check your email Sir.
Make sure you unlock de bootloader first
Of course, Yes.
You unlock am bro
Please can I flash this with flashify?
I’m already rooted.
Please I want to know.
No, you can’t beccuase you need to flash an empty vbmeta.img before flashing the TWRP.img file so as to not run into bootloops.