Twrp for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro With MediaTek MT6739, Android 8.1.0 Oreo, Kernel version 4.4.94+. If you’ve been searching for how to root your Pouvoir 2 Pro, then you’ve landed on the right page. With TWRP Recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro, you can easily acquire root, flash custom roms, mods etc.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. TWRP provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install custom Android firmware and back up the current system. These are functions you’ll hardly find on a stock Android recovery. Follow the guide ahead to install latest TWRP Recovery For Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro.
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Features:
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
What’s new in TWRP 3.3.1-0:
- Fix selinux issues during formatting – dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds – CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk – Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system – Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions – bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro and removing force encryption.
Recovery Name: Team Win Recovery Project Recovery (Themed) Recovery Version: v3.3.1-0 PitchBlack version: v2.8.1 Recovery Status: Stable Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Info:
Device name: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Device model: Tecno LA7 Pro Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0 Chipset: MediaTek – MT6739 Kernel: Linux 4.4.94+ (Stock Kernel) Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install Twrp for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro
To flash TWRP on Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro/LA7 Pro, you need to unlock your device bootloader. Unlocking your bootloader will simply wipe every data on your device, so, make sure you take a backup of all your important files before going on with the process.
- Go to your device settings and scroll down to find about phone
- In the about phone list, scroll down to locate your device build number
- Continue tapping on the buid number until you see you’re now a developer
- Now go back to the settings menu, you should now see developer options
- Open developer option and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging
- Once done, open up your fastboot and adb tool
- Type adb devices to verify that your device is properly connected, you’ll get a prompt on screen, grant access.
- Now reboot to bootloader using adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device boot to fastboot mode
- Enter the command fastboot oem unlock
- You’ll get a prompt on your device screen to allow bootloader unlock, using the volume keys, choose yes.
- A process will begin on your device screen and once unlocking bootloader is complete you’ll see an ok
- Reboot your device with fastboot reboot and wait for it to boot up
- That’s is you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Flashing the recovery
- Download the latest TWRP recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded file to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the ADB and fastboot folder
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb devices” without quotes
- If the device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloader”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Hold down the volume up key before your device boots up, this will let it boot into TWRP recovery first, then you can finally reboot into your stock OS.
If you wish to flash TWRP recovery for Tecno LA7 Pro with Spflashtools, use the guide here
TWRP For Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Download[sociallocker id=”2522″] [/sociallocker]
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed the latest Twrp for Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro. If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to remove force encryption
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip and force encryption disabler from the link below.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, after the splash screen, you’ll see another screen requesting a password to decrypt your data, just hit back to continue to TWRP main screen
- Now, when you tap on the install/backup button, you’ll see internal storage showing as 0MB. No problem
- Return to TWRP main menu, navigate to the wipe section and tap on format data. They yes in the next screen to proceed with this.
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into TWRP recovery. Don’t make the mistake of letting it boot into the system.
- Now, once your device is booted back into TWRP recovery, check your internal storage now, it should display the amount of storage
- Tap on the install button and flash Magisk, then disable force encryption file you downloaded.
- Once flashing is complete, now reboot your device back into the system.
Magisk Flashable Zip
Force encryption Disabler
Viola!, you’ve successfully removed force encryption on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro. Now, you can take backups and flash custom roms and tweaks via TWRP recovery.
Read also: Pitchblack TWRP 3.2.3-0 Custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 2
Mudasiru Adewale (for porting) Kahli Brown 6ixGuns (for encryption fix)
If the latest TWRP for Pouvoir 2 Pro works for you,
TWRP recovery for Tecno spark 2 not working ??
It’s working, please make sure you followed the installation steps correctly