If you’ve been searching for how to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7) and install TWRP custom recovery, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this article. we’ll be sharing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7 (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7) and to root Tecno LB7 easily. For those looking for TWRP for MT6739, you can download and port this recovery for your device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Rooting Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7) involves 3 steps, the first step is unlocking your device bootloader, the second is installing TWRP Custom Recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7) and the third is installing magisk to gain root access.
The TWRP we’ll be using in this guide is meant for MediaTek MT6739, running Android 8.1.0 Oreo with Kernel version 4.4.95+. Pitch Black TWRP is a customized TWRP based on the latest TWRP 3.2.3-0 recovery. The recovery comes with customization options (integrated themes). which lets you can change your TWRP UI to your taste.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7).
TWRP 3.2.3-0 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 and removing force encryption.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7
With TWRP recovery for Tecno LB7 (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP (Themed) - Recovery Version: v3.2.3-0 - PitchBlack version: v2.8.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Pouvoir 3 - Device model: LB7 - Stock OS Version: Android Oreo 8.1.0 - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6739 - Kernel: Linux 4.4.95+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7)
- Unlock Bootloader. For how to unlock bootloader see the guide in my previous article here.
- Download the latest TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7) from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded file to your PC and extract to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy the recovery file to the adb and fastboot folder, rename the img file to recovery.img
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb device” without quotes
- If device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloaer”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, flash the recoery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img“
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot“
- Your device will boot back into the system, you can then use adb command to boot into recovery “adb reboot recovery” or using the power and volume up button as usual.
Download TWRP For Tecno LB7
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 (LB7). If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to fix 0Mb on internal storage and remove the force encryption
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip and force encryption disabler from the link below.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, after the splash screen, you’ll see another screen requesting a password to decrypt your data, just hit back to continue to TWRP main screen
- Now, when you tap on the install/backup button, you’ll see internal storage showing as 0MB. No problem
- Return to TWRP main menu, navigate to the wipe section and tap on format data. They yes in the next screen to proceed with this.
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into TWRP recovery. Don’t make the mistake of letting it boot into the system.
- Now, once your device is booted back into TWRP recovery, check your internal storage now, it should display the amount of storage you have.
- Tap on the install button and flash Magisk, then disable force encryption file you downloaded.
- Once flashing is complete, now reboot your device back into the system.
Download Magisk Flashable Zip
Download Force encryption Disabler
Viola!, you’ve successfully removed force encryption on your Tecno Pouvoir 3. If you face any difficulties installing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7 (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB7) or rooting Tecno Pouvoir 3, use the comment box below and I’ll get back to you Asap!.
- Unofficialtwrp (TWRP for MT6580) - Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing)
Fasboot says waiting for device
Install Tecno Pouvoir 3 fastboot driver and try again
Can’t find d link for d recovery
Do you have any idea on how to install TWRP on Tecno pouvoir lc6?
Ok, can this grant me root access to my device too (Tecno pouvoir 3 air lc6)? I really need to get root access to my device. Thanks
Nope, it won’t work for Tecno Pouvoir Air LC6, I’ll port one for LC6 soon. Stay connected
pls i cant find link to twrp
Can’t find the LB7 TWRP link, please send it to me.
Please, look for the part where it says like to unlock download link
Please can you port one for Tecno Camon 12 CC7?
I stumbled across the file u uploaded to data file host site..hope its the correct twrp recovery.
For pouvoir 3?
Yes… Recovery for tecno pourvoir 3 LB7
I SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED THE TWRP IT WORKED BUT ONCE I REBOOT PHONE, THE PHONE WILL ASK FOR PASSWORD SAYING MY PHONE IS ENCRIPTION IS UNSUCCESSFUL THEN IT WILL ERASE THE TWRP. I DOWNLOADE ENCRYPTION DISABLER FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE SINCE URS WAS ACTING STRANGE SHOWING ERROR I FLASHED IT N BOOM MY PHONE BRICKED N CANT GET PASS RECOVERY MODE ALWAYS BOOTING TO RECOVERY. JUST DOWNLOADED UR ENCRYPTION FILE WITH MY PC. HOPE IT WILL WORK DIFFERENTLY N NOT BRICK MY PHONE AGAIN.
Try Tecno Pouvoir 2 decryption file. It should work
I can’t see a download link over here please
Reload the page now. You should see an option to unlock the link. If you face any difficulties, please let me know
When I click on the download link for Techno pouvoir 3, it redirects me to a different page entirely and doesn’t download. Why is that?
The is due to the service we use on our links. You simple need to bypass the ads to open the final link. Apologies for any inconveniences caused, we use this as a medium to earn from the site. Thanks for understanding.
It doesn’t work even after typing all the necessary commands. Instead of booting the twrp it shows a robot saying no command. What do I do
Wait for an update please.
Are you sure this custom recovery is the correct one for Techno LB7… After all necessary commands, it does not still boot to the custom recovery. Are updates available yet?..
Please flash with Spflash tool if adb is not working for you.
Which Scattered Loading file should I use since There’s no scatter Loading file for Techno LB7
Which scatter loading file should I use to flash the recovery.
Send the Tecno LB7 scatter loading file to me pls.
Please where can I get the Scatter loading file for Tecno LB7 pls.
Download it here: https://mega.nz/#!9mQj2aaa!o80bR8TVx77oKjwGI3fRUuO9uiRvHALt401C1tmRShA
Please I need the force encryption Disabler file for tecno lb7 please
Flash this https://mega.nz/file/LUEDHAhQ#5EBs9VTMIwYaBxW1YDU26faBQBiZqjN2sy-doNh2aKI and let me know if it works
Did you read the comments before commenting? Some people actually got it working. If it’s not working for you, you should seek assistance rather than trying to be rude.
Maybe you’ll find official TWRP for Tecno and Infinix devices in the future. For now, that is why you have people like me (and many others) make TWRP possible to use on this set of devices.
I downloaded the TWRP for tecno pouvoir 3 LB7, when i extracted it and tried to open the recovery.img, i got an error that says ‘The disc image file is corrupted.’
what do i do?
Did or download on phone or PC?
Disable your antivirus and extract the file again. If it persists, you’ll have download the file again and extract with antivirus off.
i don’t have any anti-virus software running aside from Microsoft defender I’d try disabling it to see if it works…Thanks
Please do and give me a feed back.
i’m sorry for not giving u a feedback soon, i was preoccupied…
ok so it’s still giving me the same error message,i went to twrp website to download a random infinix image file, it gave me the same error. i think the problem is from my pc…i’ve given up on rooting my phone for now 🙂.
Your PC is probably infected with a virus and may need a reset (format). Download the TWRP file with your phone and extract using any achieve extractor, I recommend zachiever.