On this page, you’ll find TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J download link, how to install and root your Tecno Spark 3 device running Android 9 Pie. TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 KB7j also opens door to custom ROMs, that is, you can upgrade your Spark 3 KB7j to newer Android OS versions.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J can also be installed on other devices running Android 9 Pie with Kernel version 4.9.117+. Follow the simple step by step guide ahead to install TWRP on your Tecno Spark 3 KB7J device.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Spark KB7j and removing force encryption.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J
With TWRP recovery for Tecno KB7J (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J) you can perform the following operations on your device;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.3.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Spark 3 - Device model: KB7J - Stock OS Version: Android 9 Pie - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6761 - Kernel: Linux 4.9.117+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J
- Unlock Bootloader. For how to unlock bootloader see the guide in my previous article here.
- Download the latest TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J and vbmeta.img from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded files to your PC and extract it to a folder.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot tool installed on your PC
- Copy vbmeta.img and the recovery file to the ADB and fastboot folder.
- Now, launch adb and fastboot tool from your desktop
- Check if your device is properly connected using the command “adb device” without quotes
- If the device is connected properly, then reboot to bootloader using “adb reboot bootloaer”
- Once your device boots into bootloader, first flash the vbmeta.img with “fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img” to disable Dm_verity.
- Now, flash the recovery using the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- The recovery will then be flashed to your device within a second or two, then reboot using “fastboot reboot”
- Your device will boot back into the system, you can then use ADB command to boot into recovery “adb reboot recovery” or using the power and volume up button as usual.
TWRP For Tecno KB7J Download (vbmeta included)
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed TWRP on your Tecno Spark 3 KB7J device (custom recovery for Tecno Spark 3 KB7J). If the guide is not clear enough, see the video below.
How to root Tecno Spark 3 KB7J, fix 0Mb on storage
Rooting Tecno Spark 3 KB7J involves 3 steps, the first step and second step you’ve already done (unlocking your device bootloader and flashing TWRP Recovery) and the third is flashing magisk.
- Download latest Magisk flashable zip from the link below.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery, after the splash screen, you’ll see another screen requesting a password to decrypt your data, just hit back to continue to TWRP main screen
- Now, when you tap on the install/backup button, you’ll see internal storage showing as 0MB. No problem
- Return to TWRP main menu, navigate to the wipe section and tap on format data. They yes in the next screen to proceed with this.
- Once data has been formatted, reboot your device back into TWRP recovery. Don’t make the mistake of letting it boot into the system.
- Now, once your device is booted back into TWRP recovery, check your internal storage now, it should display the amount of storage you have.
- Tap on the install button and flash Magisk.
- Once flashing is complete, now reboot your device back into the system.
Magisk Flashable Zip
Viola!, you’ve successfully removed force encryption on your Tecno Spark 3. That’s everything about how to install TWRP and root Tecno Spark 3 KB7J.
If you face any difficulties downloading TWRP for Tecno Spark 3 KB7, installing or rooting, use the comment box below and I’ll get back to you Asap!.
- Unofficialtwrp (TWRP for MT6580) - Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing)
Do you have a guide on rooting Tecno spark 4 kc8?
Yes please, download Latest TWRP For Tecno Spark 4 KC8 and follow he guide to root.
Thanks I appreciate it
Thank you 😊. But the sociallocker is not working. It’s giving a page with an error message; ” an internal error occurred”
I have removed locker from all links. You can now download.
Also, the sociallocker is not working. Can’t get the link.