If you’ve landed on this page, that means you’ve been searching for TWRP for Tecno Spark 4 KC8 running Android 10. Last year I posted a TWRP recovery for Spark 4 on Android 9 and got several requests from users who have upgraded their device and already running Android 10 OS.
Well, the good news is Tecno Spark 4 users on Android 10 can now install TWRP and root their devices. In this article, you’ll find the TWRP download link for Tecno Spark 4 KC8 running Android, a step by step guide to install the recovery and a simple guide to root Tecno Spark 4 KC8 on Android 10.
Tecno Spark 4 runs MediaTek Helio A22 (MT6761) Soc with 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage. The device comes with a 6.52-inch IPS LCD dot-drop display with 720 x 1600 pixels resolution. The device comes with Android 9 out of the box and can be upgraded to Android 10.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It offers a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware, back up and restore system, flash performance and sound mods etc. These features are limited to stock recovery images.
This TWRP 3.5.0 for MT6761 can be ported to other devices with the same kernel version 4.9.190+. See how to port recovery for the same chipsets and others in the video below.
With TWRP 3.5.0, Tecno Spark 4 KC8 users on Android 10 can:
- Easily take full backup of their current ROM (stock ROM, IMEI etc)
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.5.0
- Fix building in android-5.1 trees – CaptainThrowback
- New QTI Haptics Support – AndroiableDroid
- New TSPDriver Haptics Support – LameMonster82
- Selinux restore issues – AndroiableDroid
- OEM build fixes – Fighter19
- More file extension support in Gui file selector – Mauronofrio
- FBE Fixes – CaptainThrowback
- Ozip Decryption – Mauronofrio
- Don’t use persist for recovery logs – bigbiff
- Delay touch startup if necessary – bigbiff
- Spanish translation Updates – R0rt1z2
- Fix cache wiping on Slot A only devices – AndroiableDroid
- Exclude dumpsys directory from backups – DarthJabba9
- Gerrman translation Updates – 4ndyZ
- HW Rotation during runtime (does not affect touch panel) – webgeek1234
- API 24 fixes – AndroiableDroid
- vold_decrypt error on unmount – CaptainThrowback
- Multiuser – warn when users are not decrypted – noahajac
- FDE encryption fixes – CaptainThrowback
- Crypto state fixes – nebrassy
- Chinese translation Updates – Whyle
- Theme updates to match android-10 release: CaptainThrowback
- Move TWRP App install to Advanced page – Dees_Troy
- Update Russian Translation – f2065
More changes in TWRP 3.5.0 can be found here.
Disclaimer: Make sure you take a full backup of your device (including all your important files and data) before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing Tecno Spark 4 KC8 TWRP. This site or its author won’t be responsible if you bricking your device.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.5.0 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Spark 4 - Device model: KC8 - Stock OS Version: Android 10 - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6761 - Kernel: 4.9.190+ - Bit Version: 64-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP And Root Tecno Spark 4 KC8 on Android 10
There are three steps in installing TWRP on Tecno Spark 4 KC8 running Android 10: this includes unlocking the device bootloader, flashing TWRP using ADB or smartphone flash tool and disabling force encryption on Tecno Spark 4 KC8.
If you’re installing TWRP for the first time, read the instructions carefully before downloading Tecno Spark 4 KC8 Android 10 TWRP. If the steps are not clear, simply drop a comment before flashing so you don’t brick your device.
Step 1. Unlocking Tecno Spark 4 KC8 Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable the developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In the developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into the device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboots into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now insecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing Tecno Spark 4 KC8 TWRP
You can flash TWRP custom recovery on your Tecno Spark 4 KC8 device via adb or using a smartphone flash tool. But first, you need to first disable DM_verity on your device:
- First off, download TWRP for Tecno Spark 4 KC8 and Spark 4 vbmeta.img from the link below
- If you’re using adb, boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, flash the vbmeta.img first using fastboot –disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img to disable Dm_verity
- Once the vbmeta.img has been flashed successfully, flash TWRP
- To flash TWRP, type in the command fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img and hit enter
- Smartphone flash tool users should use the device scatter file to load each file and flash. Read how to flash with sp flash tool here
- Now, disconnect your device from PC
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Tecno Spark 4 KC8 device
How to root Android 10 Tecno Spark 4 KC8 Using TWRP
- Download the latest Phh Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
How to fix 0MB (internal storage) after flashing TWRP
If you face storage issues like internal storage showing 0MB, root your device by patching the boot.img with Magisk and then follow the guide in the video below.
Download TWRP for Tecno Spark 4 KC8
- TWRP Developers - Unik Tech (for porting) - Mudsiru Adewale (for sharing) - Hovatek.