WhatsApp announced a new exciting feature that allows users to send a short 60 seconds video message directly in chats. The new feature works similarly to how you send voice notes on the platform. It will not only simplifies the way we interact but also adds a touch of emotion to our conversations.
“Video messages are a real-time way to respond to chats with whatever you want to say and show in 60 seconds. We think these will be a fun way to share moments with all the emotion that comes from video, whether it’s wishing someone a happy birthday, laughing at a joke, or bringing good news,‟ WhatsApp wrote in a blog post.
How Does It Work?
Using Instant Video Messages is incredibly simple. When composing a message, simply tap on the microphone icon to switch from voice notes to the camera. Tap and hold the camera icon to start recording your video and release it to send. You can also swipe up while holding the camera icon to lock your recording and hit send once you’re done.
When you send or receive an instant video, it will automatically start playing on mute like Instagram videos, and tapping on the video will start the sound. Video messages will remain in the user’s chat history until they are deleted.
The Benefits of Instant Video Messages
- Convenience: With Instant Video Messages, users can quickly share their thoughts, experiences, or reactions without the need for a live conversation.
- Personal Touch: Video messages allow for facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice, providing a more personal touch compared to text-only messages.
- Real-Time Interaction: While traditional text messages lack the immediacy of face-to-face conversations, Instant Video Messages bridge that gap, creating a more connected and engaging experience.
- Reduced Misunderstandings: Video messages offer better context and reduce the likelihood of misinterpretations that can occur with text-based communication.
- Storytelling: Users can now share their stories and experiences more vividly through video, making conversations more engaging.
The new feature is already available in the WhatsApp beta program and currently rolling out gradually to all users globally and may take some time to get to you. Check the Google Play store for the latest update and update your app to enjoy the new experience.
WhatsApp’s support for Instant Video Messages is a remarkable development that opens up new avenues for communication. Its ease of use, personal touch, and real-time interaction make it a valuable addition to the platform.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I send Instant Video Messages to anyone on WhatsApp?
Yes, as long as the recipient is using WhatsApp, you can send them an Instant Video Message.
Can I send Instant Video Messages in group chats?
As of now, Instant Video Messages can only be sent in one-on-one chats.
Are Instant Video Messages stored on my device?
Yes, similar to other media sent on WhatsApp, Instant Video Messages are stored on your device until you delete them.
Can I use Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp Web?
At present, the Instant Video Messages feature is available only on the WhatsApp mobile app.
How long can an Instant Video Message be?
The duration of an Instant Video Message is 60 seconds.