If you’ve landed on this post, that means you’ve been searching for how to download Windows 10 ISO file legally and create a bootable disc or pen-drive to install Windows 10 on your PC or to format your PC. Windows 10 is one of the best operating systems and the most used OS for PC and laptops around the world. The OS has a very interactive interface and comes with a lot of features to help you boost your productivity.
There are several reasons you may want to download the latest Windows 10 ISO file:
- You bought a free Dos PC or laptop and want to install Windows 10.
- You just bought a new HDD or SSD and want to install Windows 10.
- Your hard drive gets corrupts from virus attack and you want to format it.
- Your Windows 10 is missing some files and you need a genuine copy to fix it.
- You want to install Windows 10 on a virtual machine
Whatever your reasons are, you will need a bootable Windows 10 media to perform any of the stated operations. You can decide to buy a bootable media or create one for yourself using the official Windows 10 ISO file. With the ISO file, you can create a bootable disk or pen-drive.
Read also: How to Transfer Your Windows OS and data to a new Hard Drive Without Reinstalling Windows
So, without further ado, lets dive into how to download Windows 10 ISO legally to create bootable media for your PC or laptop.
How To Download Official Windows 10 ISO File?
In this guide, I’ll be sharing a simple step by step to easily download Windows 10 OS official ISO file using a third-party tool called Windows ISO Downloader. The tool enables you to download Windows 10 ISO legally as well as older Windows OS version and office package completely free.
Windows ISO downloader is a free tool developed by Jan Krohn. The tool downloads original Windows and Office ISO disk images from Microsoft. It has a simple and easy to navigate interface.
Steps To Download Windows 10 ISO File.
- First off, you need to download the Windows ISO downloader (The file is just 7.1MBMB in size).
- Once the download is complete, launch the app from your desktop or you download location.
- On the Windows ISO downloader main screen, select Windows 10 as your preferred Windows OS at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, wait for a few seconds, a new screen will appear asking you to select your Windows 10 version – select your Windows 10 version and click on the confirm button. You can also download insider preview and developer builds.
- Another option will appear just below where you then select the Windows 10 language you want to download.
- Once you click confirm on the product language you want to download, you’ll be redirected to another page where you then have to choose the version of Windows 10 to download following your systems architecture.
- Click on your preferred option and the Windows 10 ISO file will begin to download.
That’s it. Your Windows 10 ISO file will be downloaded and you can make bootable drive off it to format your PC. The Windows ISO downloader also lets you download other versions of Windows OS in ISO format and office packages for free. This is one of the best ways to download any Windows ISO file legally with ease.
If you own a DELL PC or laptop, you can download exclusive DELL OEM images for your computer. All you need to do is select the DELL option on the Windows tab on the Windows ISO downloader main screen.
To download Windows Insider preview, however, you need to be signed in to your Insider program account. For those who already have a Microsoft account and If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, simply visit the Microsoft Windows Insider Program page to register.
If you already an Insider account, you only need to sign in your account on the Windows ISO downloader and proceed to download the Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO file for your PC or laptop.
Note: The Windows 10 ISO file doesn’t come with a license key. If you need a license key, you can purchase one by clicking on the buy Windows or Office at the bottom right corner of the app. You can also bypass the Windows key activation page using the ISO Tools in the app – It allows you to remove the ei.cfg file which contains the activation configuration in the Windows ISO file.
Read also: How to Speed Up a Slow Hard Drive And Boost PC Performance
Can I still download Windows 10 for free?
Ans: Yes, although Microsoft already ended free upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1, you can still download the ISO file for free and make a bootable disk or USB.
How much does Windows 10 license key cost?
Ans: If you’re buying from Microsoft which I don’t really recommend due to its high price, you’ll be paying $139 for Windows 10 Home license, $199.99 for Windows 10 Pro and $309 for Pro for Workstation. Whereas you can get it for less than $30 from other vendors. Check the link on the Windows 10 ISO downloader for cheap license keys.
Alternatively, you can activate Windows using KSMPICO service and enjoy all the Windows 10 features. This option, however, is illegal and we do no not endorse it. PS – Most new laptops comes with a digital license and don’t need another license activation.
Does Windows 10 include Office?
Ans: Yes, Windows 10 comes with Microsoft Office online which requires internet connectivity to operate. If you want the offline version, you will have to download the setup. You can download the setup using the Windows ISO Downloader.
Is Windows ISO downloader safe and legal?
Ans: Yes, Windows ISO downloader is completely safe and legal. The tool fetches all the Windows OS and Office ISO files from Microsoft server. The files are untouched (not modified).
How do I create a bootable Windows 10 USB?
This is everything on how to download Windows 10 ISO legally in 2021. If you find this post helpful kindly use any of the buttons below to share with friends and if you have questions feel free to use the comment section.