If you’ve been searching TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite to root your device, take nandroid backup and flash custom roms and mods, then you’re at the right place.
On this page, you’ll find TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite and step to root your Infinix Hot 8 Lite device. This is TWRP for MT6580 on Android 8.0 Oreo kernel, you can download and port this recovery for your Android 8.0 device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is the first custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650 which also means Hot 8 Lite users will be getting new Android 9 and 10 custom roms on their devices soon.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Infinix Hot 8 Lite.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
With TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650 (custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.3.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Infinix Hot 8 Lite - Device model: X650 - Stock OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6580 - Kernel: 3.18.79+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
In a previous article, I shared how to root Infinix Hot 8 using the latest TWRP 3.3.1 custom recovery, do check it out if you need to root a standard Hot 8 device.
NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY AS MANY TIMES YOU CAN.
Steps To Install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
For this tutorial, you need to first download TWRP for Infinix X650 from the link below
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and check if your device is still connected using the adb command fastboot devices
- Now flash the TWRP recovery using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once that is done, boot into recovery (Power + Volume Up) to confirm that you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Infinix Hot 8 Lite
- While TWRP is trying to load to main menu, if you’re asked for password to decrypt your device, just ignore that step, then, go to the Wipe Menu and Format Data.
- Wiping data will wipe all your data so make a point of backing up your important data.
- Now reboot
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Infinix S4.
How to root Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650
- Team Win - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting) - Pius oblie (fixed storage issue) - And all testers whom participated on this project.
Not available for download yet i see.
link updated. Check your email for decryption key.
I don’t see download Link on the file ….. please how to download bon the website
Link updated. Check your email for decryption key.
pls custum ROM for infinix s4
Description key please
Check your email please.
Does it really work for hot 8 lite, if so then how do I decrypt the link
Check your email.
Decryption key please
Can I have the Decryption key?
Decryption key please
You can now download without the decryption key
Is it possible to flash it via sp flash tool?
Yes, you can.
Do you have WhatsApp group? Can I get the group link if it is there please?
Tried flashing it with the steps above. did everything right but gets “file too large error” then if i try to use fastboot boot recovery.img i will get error messasge saying not the same kernel version… pls solution coz i really need it n like ur good works…. pls i will love an urgent reply or ur whatsapp number… tried it on my infinix x650 but failed.. pls i need help tired of stock rom..
Already working on a fix and will be updating soon.
If I should use magisk to flash the twrp…. Will it work despite command prompt saying file too large
You can’t use magisk to flash twrp, if you mean patching the boot.img with magisk to get root access. Yes, it’ll work
Ok so I can now go ahead to flash the twrp using flashify app….hope it will work n not give me the file too large error… My blood day hot….I actually used command prompt to flash the rom it worked but no way to install gapps…so dats d issue… Love the rom so much can’t wait to start using it full time.. thanks
Please kindly wait for an update on the TWRP, I don’t guarantee it will work with flashify app.
Ok.. thanks sir am patiently waiting to get an update from uu….thanks so much
Recovery for Hot 8 Lite has been updated.
Can’t access my files through twrp everything shows 0kb then wen I want
to reboot it says no OS installed .once i reboot my phone I go back to stock recovery
Flashed it but it’s not seeing my internal storage always saying 0kb plus wen I try to reboot it will say no OS installed…. 2 after rebooting wen I try to go into twrp again only for me to boot into my stock recovery again…flashed it twice the same thing… I can only access twrp once I finish flashing it but once I reboot it’s gone…help pls
If you read the guide properly, you’ll discovered you didn’t take the last step which is formatting data in TWRP to fix storage problem.
Will it also fix my booting back to stock recovery after I reboot….thanks
Pls sir I need ur help… Is there any other thing I should do
Good day sir…. Have done every step u put down… Try to format data it failed saying system not mounted n some other things too not mounted…ve lost count of how many times I ve flashed my phone still it’s not working tried installing the ROM havoc os through command prompt… Can’t receive text n access play store …..
Am I the only one having problem installing it???
twrp not wrkimg.
please sir we need an up date
Doesn’t install? and not working after install?
Not working,after installing,it doesn’t wipe,all it’s operations fail.
Even formating data?
can not exit the fastboot mode
Your device would reboot itself after about 10sec of no command. Or you can simply hold down the power button
couldn’t flash twrp it said error file too large
Are you using the X650 build or other builds (X650C, X650B, X650D)
Your twrp is not working sir please
Not working? how?
Thanks link is working now. But when i boot into twrp internal storage says 0mb i tried factory reset and did everything but wont work help
Did you format your system data in TWRP?
Please help it shows 0mb internal storage and can’t mount data either.Format data doesn’t help either
Format data using adb
What is the command for it?
fastboot format userdata
Hi. I realized the problem of twrp showing 0mb and A lot of error on mounting was from the fstab. I managed to repair the fstab by copying that from orange fox twrp and it worked! But now the only thing is I can’t mount E: is that a reason why I can’t mount USB otg? Or its from the costum ROM I flashed? And I was hoping to upload the twrp incase anyone is having problem mounting😃😃
That’s very thoughtful. You can upload and include the link in the comments so I can update it on the post. Thanks.
Also, please share the Orange fox recovery.
Yeah bro I need it give it to the admin so he can update the recovery and look for your issue as well
Here’s the link to the twrp.
Were you able to mount E: before flashing the custom ROM?
Admin bro it works just update this twrp with the one provided above.I didn’t got any mount issue as well.Thanks Pius
Please I need the link to download twrp
hii sir where can i get the link to download twrp
The download link is on the page, read the instructions on the download section.
it take me to adf.ly and i cant get skip ad what can i do
Ignore the pop-up and return to the ads page, it will load automatically once you click skip
sorry it takes me to bit.365
I check the link and it seems to be working fine sir.
after do it my mobile says
orange state your mobile has been unlock and cant be trust
your device will boot in 5 second
and cant to go to recovery mode i see this message and my mobile will open automaticaly
Reflash the TWRP recovery and make sure you boot into TWRP before booting your device to OS. To hide the orange state warming use the guide here.
hi sir but i
cant download twrp can you send me the true link via email
Check your email.
When I want downlod it says
Error: The requested address ‘/DO3ypM’ was not found on this server.
The link is only reloading unnecessary 3rd party sites, not downloading anything
You simply need to skip the ads to view the download link. But if you’re still having issues downloading, request for the file on Telegram. Our Telegram link is below the post
Download link please
Download link is on the page Sir
Telegram link please
Find the link at the end of this blog post
The download isn’t working. It’s just redirecting
Sorry for the inconvenience, please check your email for the direct link.
Download link please 🙏
The download link is working fine Sir.
i need the unzip key please
The download file doesn’t require a key